Indonesia’s transition to clean energy needs a massive boost. Despite setting a target of 23% for renewables in the energy mix by 2025, the country only reached 11.2% in 2021. There is also insufficient investment in clean energy innovation.
That’s where New Energy Nexus comes in. Since 2020, New Energy Nexus Indonesia acts as a bridge between different sectors and stakeholders, running incubation, acceleration, and funding programs to urgently develop the clean energy startup ecosystem.
New Energy Nexus runs outreach platforms to educate, excite, and energize public and local stakeholders on all things related to renewable energy. This consists of:
- Connex Energy Meet Up: to provide information, current development, and real-life examples on the roles and importance of clean energy and clean energy startups in creating positive economic and environmental impact.
- [RE]Charge Series: a two-day deep dive bootcamp on building a clean energy startup focusing on the problem-solution statement, customer discovery, market research, team building, and business model canvas. We use [RE]Charge series to identify potential startups to join our incubation and acceleration program.
- Hackathon [RE]Energize Indonesia: a problem-solving based competition dedicated to finding solutions that address the key challenges in accelerating Indonesia’s clean energy transition and its supporting ecosystem
Accelerate is a capacity-building platform dedicated to supporting clean energy and climate innovation startups. This consists of:
- Incubation Track: a three-month program for early-stage clean energy and climate innovation startups focusing on business model exploration and prototype development
- Acceleration Track: a three-month program for later-stage clean energy and climate innovation startups focusing on business model refinement, mentorship (human resource, finance, and marketing communication), network expansion, and investment readiness
- Energy Access Track: a two-month program for early-stage energy access focused startups focusing on technology readiness and business model assessment. Selected startups from the energy access track are invited to join the incubation or acceleration track.
New Energy Nexus manages the Indonesia 1 Fund, which addresses early-stage funding gaps for clean energy startups in Indonesia. As of the end 2021, Indonesia 1 Fund had six portfolio companies in which we have facilitated co-investments from other investors. We also manage grants for startup teams to improve prototyping and other specific objectives.
To get to know more about what New Energy Nexus do, who are they, and what solutions they make, go download and read the report through this button:
Source: New Energy Nexus Indonesia